City of Bozeman Cash Incentives:
$500-$2,500 one-time incentive per business
Can be used for equipment, energy conservation measures & installation costs
City funds can match up to 33% of out-of-pocket costs, after NWE rebates
Projects must be located within Bozeman city limits
|Benefits||Example 1||Example 2|
|NorthWestern Energy Rebate||$(500)||$(1,200)|
|Revised Project Cost||$1,500||$7,500|
|Bozeman Incentive Fund||$(500)||$(2,500)|
- Applicants must contract with Northwestern Energy to perform an energy appraisal and agree to implement one or more energy efficiency/conservation recommendations for the building(s) based on the findings of the energy appraisal.
- Applicants agree to grant permission to NorthWestern Energy to release information associated with applicant account as required to support performance of Efficiency Plus (E+) Appraisal and associated incentives or rebates provided for the purpose of participating in the Bozeman Energy Project.
- Only projects recommended in the NorthWestern Energy appraisal or pre-approved independent audit will be approved for funding.
- Applicants must complete benchmarking with EPA’s Portfolio Manager using utility data from the 12 months prior to the energy efficiency/conservation retrofit and the 12 months post-retrofit.
- Applicants agree to verify usage and provide the City of Bozeman access to Portfolio Manager account.
- Applicants agree to on-site visits from City of Bozeman staff and Northwestern Energy Appraisers.
- Applicants must adhere to the procurement requirements outlined in section 6, “Documentation and Selection of Vendors” of the City of Bozeman’s Purchasing Policy (see “BEP Purchasing Requirements”).
- All work done pursuant to the Incentive must be completed by licensed, insured, and bonded contractors.
- Applicants will be reimbursed only after submitting invoices and a Statement of Completion signed by the applicant and contractor.
- Applicants must be located within the city limits of Bozeman.
- Incentive funds may be used for the purchase of equipment, energy conservation measures, and installation costs. Renewable energy systems will be considered after all other reasonable conservation and efficiency strategies have been implemented.
City of Bozeman Requirements:
- Purchasing Requirements for BEP Excerpt from Purchasing Policy
- Cash Incentive Eligibility Requirements
- BEP Statement of Project Completion
- Grant Receipt Agreement template
- W-9 Form (Necessary if City of Bozeman incentive is greater than $600)
Northwestern Energy Requirements: