The City of Bozeman Forestry, Tree Board, Parks & Recreation, and Public Library present:
ARBOR DAY AT THE LIBRARY
Join us to celebrate Arbor Day with tree plantings, informative talks and children’s activities.
Schedule of Events:
- Opening Ceremony with Mitch Overton, Director of Parks & Recreation, and Deputy Mayor, Carson Taylor
10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Tree Stories (ages 3 and up)
- Forestry Division will dig holes for sugar maples with backhoe (south lawn)
11:00 a.m. – noon
- Sugar maple planting and informative talk with Forestry staff (south lawn)
11: 15 – 11: 45 a.m.
- Tree Stories (same as 10:15)
12:00 noon – 12:30 p.m.
- LUNCH (bring your own lunch for a picnic on the lawn)
12:30 – 2:00 p.m. – Children’s Activities
- Planting Party – Decorate your pot and plant your new tree or flower bulbs
- Tree disc art – Count the rings and turn your tree disc into a work of art
- Tree Walks with the Tree Ladies – educational tour with Forestry staff
2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Transplanting with Gallatin Valley Tree Spade Co. – Watch while two 15-foot Larch trees are planted in the front lawn at the Library
- Tree walks with the Tree Ladies
For more information, please call the City Forestry Division at 582-3226 or 582-3227